Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hazard lights not working

bsperka

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Equipe
Guys,
Any hints on what is going on here. I have a VR Equipe.

The indicators work fine. When I use the hazard switch, there is no flashing going on. Also, when the hazard switch is in, the indicators fail to work. Is the hazard switch faulty? Or is there something else going on?

Thanks in advance

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
Pretty sure that will indeed be the hazard switch itself Mate. In fact, I think you're lucky that the indicators still work with the hazard switch off - the indicator circuits run through the hazard switch. For example, if you unplug the switch altogether, the indicators won't work at all.

I've also head of the odd trouble with the hazard switch, along the same lines as the problem you're having.

You could try a wrecker for one, although I wouldn't imagine that they're all that spendy from Holden.

Best of luck!

smurf

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V8 S pack Ute
yup had the same problem in my vr.
I just replace the switch with one from the wreckers and it fixed it right up.
I've heard that if you remove the switch, and spray a heap of wd40 or silicon spray or somethin similar into the switch it'll free up whatever causes the issue.
I've never tried it though but worth a shot.
cheers
-smurf

popdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive wagon
hazard light switch repair

Guys,
Any hints on what is going on here. I have a VR Equipe.

The indicators work fine. When I use the hazard switch, there is no flashing going on. Also, when the hazard switch is in, the indicators fail to work. Is the hazard switch faulty? Or is there something else going on?

Thanks in advance

I just removed my VR commodore dash fascia (very easy ) and popped out the hazard light switch to the bench , sprung open the back of the switch and found rocker arm contacts all gummed up so cleaned with solvent(contact cleaner solution) reassembled and hey presto hazard lights flashing so thanks to everyone for the ideas.