Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hazard Switch

Commodore Ace

Reaction score
Removal of the VS Hazard Switch - does it "pop" out from the front ?
Any tips on removal please

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
Commodore Ace said:
Removal of the VS Hazard Switch - does it "pop" out from the front ?
Any tips on removal please

All three switches clip into the plastic dash/instrument surround from the back. You need to pry it off GENTLY all the way around the dash, from the instrument cluster right around past the air vents etc, and also remove the headlight switch. The three switches simply unplug from the back, and you then have access to replace the bulb or do whatever you have to do. The whole thing just clips back together when you are done, but be careful with the damn clips, they break really easily, found out the hard way.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
And it pays to disconnect the battery before pulling the dash apart....I learn't the hard way. And also dont turn the ignition on whilst the dash is pulled out (if you forget to cut the battery).

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
hako said:
And it pays to disconnect the battery before pulling the dash apart....I learn't the hard way. And also dont turn the ignition on whilst the dash is pulled out (if you forget to cut the battery).

Yeah good point Hako, should have mentioned that. Whenever doing any electrical work, always disconnect the battery. From memory if you turn the ignition on with no dash you will get all sorts of errors, including the AIRBAG light staying on.....

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
be careful, there are bits and pieces that can break, be nice should be ok. i learnt the hard way as well....