Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HDT Group C Commodores

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
The VC race cars, roughly 350hp, Super T-10 4 speed and 10 bolt Salisbury diff with Detroit locker, 3.08 ratio.

Lacksballs

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Members Ride
VK Group C Replica, 1995 VR Sedan
Brakes were sourced from the Corvette parts list. Hence the vented rear rotors (over the solid GMH ones)....

8. BRAKES:

1. 1 The original form of brakes must be retained (i.e disc or drum).

2. 2 Brake discs and callipers may be replaced by other brake discs and callipers, provided that the outside diameter of the disc is not varied by more than 5% from that recognised.

DerekP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 5.0
The VC race cars, roughly 350hp, Super T-10 4 speed and 10 bolt Salisbury diff with Detroit locker, 3.08 ratio.
Ok thanks SL/E Nut, so way more grunt than a factory spec VC Brock, I guess that makes sense....

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R

.. bout 50hp out there Damo!, most were around 400hp
(which INCREASED with Group A engines, Les Small had 435 for the Chickadee Bathurst car)
and also
most people are surprised they are used the 10 bolt ...
which HAD to have a differential action (could not be locked with a spool)
they did have oil coolers though

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
.. bout 50hp out there Damo!, most were around 400hp
(which INCREASED with Group A engines, Les Small had 435 for the Chickadee Bathurst car)

Off topic, My best mate did his apprenticeship with Les Small in Knoxfield, they needed to get the Chikadee Commodore down to Dandenong or Frankston (can’t remember now), but their car trailer was elsewhere, so they drove it. How funny would that have been pulling up next to a Blue Meanie on the road.

bfhoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commodore
Off topic, My best mate did his apprenticeship with Les Small in Knoxfield, they needed to get the Chikadee Commodore down to Dandenong or Frankston (can’t remember now), but their car trailer was elsewhere, so they drove it. How funny would that have been pulling up next to a Blue Meanie on the road.

Not sure where i read it but I think it was dick johnson prety much summed it up you could race on the weekend and drive the car home. Im pretty sure this wouldnt have happened as I couldnt see them having rego on their racecars but perhaps it was possible at some stage but I think he was more making the point the cars were so much closer to stock than they are in this era.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Not sure where i read it but I think it was dick johnson prety much summed it up you could race on the weekend and drive the car home. Im pretty sure this wouldnt have happened as I couldnt see them having rego on their racecars but perhaps it was possible at some stage but I think he was more making the point the cars were so much closer to stock than they are in this era.

Driving to & from the track in the early days of touring car racing wasn't uncommon, hence the number plates on these old jiggers.

image010101011.gif

68730__05227.1371884009.jpg

Aunger-Falcon-AN1.jpg

FXT54859.jpg

Last edited: