Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HDT Magnum Body Kits

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS Ute
Guys I need your HELP!!

I am looking at buying a commodore ute (anything between 1991 -1994). I want to kit it up with a HDT Magnum bodykit. I am abit confused as I have come across two types of magnum bodykits. One of them is below on the VG and the other on the VR ute (the magnum aero bodykit??). Are these two different types??? If so what is the difference ie: what car do they each suite and also what is the one on the VG called? (also let me know which one u like better)

cheers..

Attachments

• holden  1991 vg s.jpg
    holden 1991 vg s.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 17,067
  • 5324103.jpg
    5324103.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 6,811

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
Go for the one on the vg. looks heaps better.
Matt

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
maybe just me, but the front bar looks way out of place on both of them, and dosent even come close to matching any other section of the kit..

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
One is the VG type, and one is the VR/S type. Pretty simple really. Get whichever will suit your model :)

slo_firo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Ute
i have the rear and sides on my vg - is awesome looking, i just couldnt find a front to match so stuck with the sv.... which does not match at all

i bought a new rear last night so getting rid of the magnum ones (imo they arn't the best, makes the rear look tiny)

and on the look out for a new front, the vs clubby front suits it quite nice, but anything would be better than the sv front

lil_miss_vg

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VG commodore, 90 VG commodore, 90 VG maloo
id go 4 the vg.. i reckon teh biger headlights lk better.. teh vs is too round n sloppy lkn

howd u go neways get hold of one? they do lk gd im thinkn bout it too but so many ppl have done it now dont think i will:(

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
id go 4 the vg.. i reckon teh biger headlights lk better.. teh vs is too round n sloppy lkn

howd u go neways get hold of one? they do lk gd im thinkn bout it too but so many ppl have done it now dont think i will:(

wow, i shorten words, but even i had trouble deciphering your post.

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8

the VR/S kit WONT fir a VG plus the headlights are completely different cos the WHOLE fornt of the VR/S looks nothing like a VN/P/Q or G.

the kit is just an areo kit for a ute and yes they made VR AREO's so thats why the front is different.

lil_miss_vg

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VG commodore, 90 VG commodore, 90 VG maloo
eBay or wreckers
ive seen front ends start at 50 bux :)

just remember vp is also different to vn and vr/s!

the kits are pretty pricey.. you could prob get a vr magnum to fit a vg and vice versa anyway