Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HDT or MACE Tune?

WhiteSv6Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sidi Sv6 Ute
Hey guys just considering what tune to go with I went to HDT yesterday and they want $800 to tune my sv6 sidi ute or MACE ONLY charge $550 for there flash tune and ghost cam set up, would love to hear people oppions on both? I will be getting a orssom OTR aswell before the tune :)

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Save your money, both will give minimal gains.
If your heart is set on it at least wait till you have done all your mods first, intake, exhaust, etc.

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
Personally I'd be taking my money and doing some real mods. Like strike said a tune will do very little.

Mattde

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S1
Thus Far my Vx has a MACE CAI, 69mm Throttle and Manta 2.5 Catback and I bought a MACE re calibrated PCM tune to 98RON and have noticed a significant change. More responsive, tighter gear changes and the fuel economy has improved significantly.
I would definitely recommend doing as many mods as you can before you get a tune though.
Most minor mods can be achieved without re-tuning. But its definitely nice for getting that bit more out of your mods.

WhiteSv6Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sidi Sv6 Ute
Thanks guys for the feed back!, I'm getting a xforce cat back system put on in the coming weeks as well any other recommended exhausts? Just going with it as most people reckon it's good, then I would like to do something to the manifold but that's about all I know you can really do to the sv6 sidi engine as I heard you can't put different headers on them, any other mods people know of please let me know as I will leave getting a tune until after all main mods have even installed also will be putting in a XYZ coil cover kit and big brakes setup

WhiteSv6Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sidi Sv6 Ute
Thank you for that mate i will get in touch with him :) is there many other significant modes you can do to the engine still new on what can be done to the sidi engine.