Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Head-Unit Help!!

Stoppa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive Wagon
Just bought my first car, a VS Commodore Wagon and after putting up with a cassette player for a couple of months, today i bought a new Kenwood Head Unit, after installing it (which took me all day to do:bang:, first timer) found that i need to make my own brackets for it to be attatched in the console, just seeking experience on the best way to go about it?

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
You dont need to make brackets for it, i drilled into the metal that runs down along side of where the H/U slides in, and lined those holes up with the ones on the side of the head unit.Make sure it's right, you only get one crack at it.. Pretty sure all H/U's have holes on the side, or either on the standard mounting bracket that they come with...

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Yeah use the stock brackets off the stock head-unit, drill a hole in between the two pairs of small holes at the front of the bracket.....this should match up with a hole on the Kenwood head-unit in about the middle (height wise and about 10mm from the front).

Stoppa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive Wagon
yeah i just drilled out the old stock brackets