Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

head unit keeps going into demo mode.

luke02

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
Hey i did a search but no one seemed to solve the problem. Ive got a kenwood headunit and when ever I start the car it says do u want to enter demo mode I put no but everytime but when ever start the car again it keeps doing the same thing.

It also doesnt save any of the settings such as the radio channels, display colour, equaliser etc. Ive tried the reset button with no luck.

Any ideas whats wrong or suggestions?

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Did you use an iso harness to wire it up?

luke02

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
Yeh a mate did it for me ill ask him what you have suggested. I thought it might be something in the settings. Thanks

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Yeah it is in the settings but the fact that it wont remember the settings means its not retaining its memory... I bet it doesnt store radio stations and you have to turn it on everutime you turn the car on and it always starts at track 1 and no radio stations tuned in...

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
swap yellow and red wires, did you wire it up yourself?

^^ this
basically power wire is hooked up to ignition and the ignition trigger wire is connected to power.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Yeh a mate did it for me ill ask him what you have suggested. I thought it might be something in the settings. Thanks

This is why you should use professionals or someone who knows what they're doing :lmao:

The yellow wire (battery/constant power) is not connected to a constant 12v source. As the others have said, it's quite common for amateurs to wire the yellow (battery/constant) and red (accessory/ignition) wires up incorrectly.