Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Head unit repairs

Caprice5L

Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VXII Berlina
Hey all.
Ive got a kenwood head unit, bought used, with 3 rca preouts. Ive found out the sub out doesnt work. Can this be fixed? can i DIY? or where can it be repaired in Adelaide? Are head unit repairs worth the cost, or just buy another one? The unit works perfect, apart from this one fault.
Thanks.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
I know with pioneer head units, the sub option is turned off by default in the menu system. Have you checked if its enabled?

Caprice5L

Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VXII Berlina
I know with pioneer head units, the sub option is turned off by default in the menu system. Have you checked if its enabled?
Yes, ive checked the sub settings in the menu. It appears to be an internal fault.

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
By the time you stuff around finding someone willing to check it out, then add in the cost of their labour to dismantle & diagnose the fault, then the cost of any new parts needed and more labour to repair it. It starts to add up and at the end of the day you still have a second hand stereo that may **** itself in a couple of weeks time.
It just makes sense to throw it in the bin and buy a new head unit.
They are as cheap as chips nowadays for a decent unit anyway.

Caprice5L

Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VXII Berlina
By the time you stuff around finding someone willing to check it out, then add in the cost of their labour to dismantle & diagnose the fault, then the cost of any new parts needed and more labour to repair it. It starts to add up and at the end of the day you still have a second hand stereo that may **** itself in a couple of weeks time.
It just makes sense to throw it in the bin and buy a new head unit.
They are as cheap as chips nowadays for a decent unit anyway.
Yeah, youre probably right. I was thinking the same.