Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Head Unit turns off sometimes opening door?

ONROADYNO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
I have a VY SS ute and my head unit (and previous head unit) will turn off when I open door with key removed but only sometimes.
Can anyone shed light on this please?

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
View attachment Audio System.pdf

Here is a wire diagram how it works, its either a bcm or ignition switch issue, I imagine like your lights once the door ls open they turn off, maybe its the door switch if that's how its set up, next time it stays on keep pressing the door switch in rapidly to see if it switchers off, its only a theory good luck.

ONROADYNO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder

Here is a wire diagram how it works, its either a bcm or ignition switch issue, I imagine like your lights once the door ls open they turn off, maybe its the door switch if that's how its set up, next time it stays on keep pressing the door switch in rapidly to see if it switchers off, its only a theory good luck.
Makes a lot of sense, I will check door light switch. Just went to shops and it worked, so an intermittent problem.
Thankyou

ONROADYNO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder

Hi Trevor. I remover door switch and it was corroded. Put in vinegar for a few hours and replaced. It is working fine now.
Thankyou for your help.