Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Head Unit

Dan0s

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
I'm not a big fan of the look of the stock unit in the VZ commodores and was wondering how much it would cost me to have a new head unit installed.
I dont want anything special just one that can be connected to my ipod.

BT91WA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais
150-300 average

henrytad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SS 6.2L
you can easily get one for around $200 i think which plays MP3, ipod usb etc! n its $80 at jb hifi & strathfield to be installed into a commodore and $30 for a single din deck holder with a pocket so its pretty cheap.
personally i wouldnt go a single DIN deck if you like the look of your car as it kind of ruins it after you replace the stock blaupunkt unit. ive just purchased a double din GPS DVD player to go in its place so itll look nicer.
hope this helps

Dan0s

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
ok so if i only buy the single deck because it is smaller than what i am removing there will be gaps at the top and bottom?

fraudie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
there is a plastic slot holder which replaces your factory head unit, if its a single din it will just have an extra storage compartment below it i think. so no gaps, but i still think factory head unit looks cleaner. i'd have to agree with henrytad if you absolutely do want to change it.

slimfairy007

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series II aclaim
i put a 2 din dvd player mp3 etc in my vy and i rekon it looks heaps better than the stock one, it was fair cheap and only took a half hour to do my self

henrytad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SS 6.2L
double din dvd etc, especially colour screen would be heaps better than stock, although single DIN in my oppinion wouldnt be better. just makes it kind of look cheap.
yes if you buy those holders, der like 30 from jb hifhi etc it covers those bottom and top.

marcdon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Evec 05
just remember that it is a pain to hook the steering wheel controls up to an aftermarket HU so if you are really keen on them like me I would save the headache. If I was replacing it, i would definitely buy a 2din colour screen.

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN
I bought my SV6 with a single DIN Clarion headunit and it looks like a factory install. Very neat and tidy, better looking then the standard unit imo.

henrytad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SS 6.2L