Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

head units

P

pongo

i am not sure which head unit to get, i want one with an aux input so i can play my ipod though it and one with three pre-outs so i can run some amps off it,i need a head unit which is easy to use and looks good,any ideas?
thanks ryan

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
go the pioneers.
they have all the stuff you want and are ipod ready even at the most cheapest model. just buy the ipod connection and you up and running.

sno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII SS
only get pioneer or alpine... I perfer pioneer bcos they look better. The rest are cheap and nasty in my opinion..

brohawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais
i have a pioneer DEH-p4850MP head unit it has p-bus port so its ready for an ipod with just a simple cable, and has 2 pairs of rcs one is a full rang speaker one. and the other can be used as a sub chanel or a full range one, if it is being used for a sub chanel like mine is you have a sub control on your head unit. it is very easy to use and is a great head unit. mine ran me just under $300 i got it for $280 ish

Infanti

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim S2
Pioneer Deh-p7750. I just got one from Perception Twin and its mad, plays the video clips when the song it on or you can set it to just have a still image...New are about 800 i think and they have 3 outputs...then i just bought a cable off ebay which cost me $10 but i bought 2.....best buy for what you want and the head unit looks wicked too. Light up blue if it matters...

Attachments

• DEH_P7750MP_041021.jpg
    DEH_P7750MP_041021.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 279

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Buy a JVC Double Din KD-AV7008. I have one in my car, it absolutley rocks.

HVXII

AWI11
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VXII Acclaim storm grey
im thinking pioneer also i got the controls on the steering wheel & u need to get a thingy for that to work dont you but its probly not worth getting it just use the head unit hey

lockmac

Reaction score
is it possible to install a new head unit and have the controls on the steering wheel work through some sort of special mod?

also.. is their anyway, apart from using an itrip, to have your ipod connected to my stock calais eurovox stereo? i think i remember someone having a link about a product that connects strait to your aerial?

thanks

broderikb

Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 HSV SENATOR 5000i
lockmac said:
is it possible to install a new head unit and have the controls on the steering wheel work through some sort of special mod?

also.. is their anyway, apart from using an itrip, to have your ipod connected to my stock calais eurovox stereo? i think i remember someone having a link about a product that connects strait to your aerial?

thanks

In my VT it has the radio/tape unit but it also has a plug that says "CD input".

All you need to do is go to dick smith & for $4.99 you can get a 3.5mm-3.5mm adaptor cable & plug it into the input & the other end goes in your headphone port on your DISCMAN/IPOD/MP3 whatever you have & it works sweet as it uses your cars speakers as the headphones & you still have control of the bass/treble ect.