Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Headlight / Bonnet Protectors, Mudflaps and Sports Armour

BOMB-A-DORE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 commodore & VE SV6 Ute.
So ive just got my brand new VF and Im wondering if its worth getting the Headlight Protectors, Bonnet Protectors, Mud flaps, Weathershields or the Sports Armour?

I've got a black VF and I don't think the sports armour would look bad at all.

Has anyone else got them on their car?

Headlight protectors.....the headlight lenses are made from polycarbonate and are stone proof....if you put on protectors on you will have to remove them to clean the lenses....other wise your light output will diminish.
Bonnet protectors will collect all the leaves and road grime and will have to be removed to clean....I have a VE Ute & a VF SV6's Car and they do not have stone chips on the bonnet....travels on 50/50 tarred and gravel roads...the VE Ute SV6 is 7 years old and front of the car is the same as if it came off the show room floor.
MUD FLAPS ARE A MUST...if you do not want stone chips etc.
Weather shields are a personnel choice...I do not have them as I run with all windows closed and the A/C on.
Sports Armour again a personnel choice...I do not have them and have not hit gutters and they are not stone chipped....VF SV6 Car is 1 year old...touch wood !!!!

ndwalters

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
Headlight protectors.....the headlight lenses are made from polycarbonate and are stone proof....if you put on protectors on you will have to remove them to clean the lenses....other wise your light output will diminish.
Bonnet protectors will collect all the leaves and road grime and will have to be removed to clean....I have a VE Ute & a VF SV6's Car and they do not have stone chips on the bonnet....travels on 50/50 tarred and gravel roads...the VE Ute SV6 is 7 years old and front of the car is the same as if it came off the show room floor.
Weather shields are a personnel choice...I do not have them as I run with all windows closed and the A/C on.
Sports Armour again a personnel choice...I do not have them and have not hit gutters and they are not stone chipped....VF SV6 Car is 1 year old...touch wood !!!!

I already have stone chips on my headlights and am looking at using some protective vinyl on them instead of protectors.

BOMB-A-DORE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 commodore & VE SV6 Ute.
I already have stone chips on my headlights and am looking at using some protective vinyl on them instead of protectors.

A friend of mine who owns a taxi in my town....put clear vinyl on the sill plates of his taxi to stop scuff marks....after a few months the clear vinyl turned yellow...he has a white taxi....you could try it....but that is what happened and maybe the heat from the globes would be a problem also.....something different when you do the prowl down the main on Fri/Sat nights....SMOKING HEAD LIGHTS !!!!

RustyNail

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 UTE

The bonnet protector does not collect any leaves as it is open at the front. and is able to be washed underneath without removing. I've never seen anything get stuck under mine

Pallbag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Hi all, sorry for bumping an old thread but I recently purchased a VF and was wondering if we could have some more pics of the bonnet protectors available. Undecided whether I should go clear or black on a silver SV6 and pics might help me make a decision ...

smee75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Commodore SSV Heron White
How difficult is it to install your own mud flaps, light and bonnet protectors etc.....

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
A friend of mine who owns a taxi in my town....put clear vinyl on the sill plates of his taxi to stop scuff marks....after a few months the clear vinyl turned yellow...he has a white taxi....you could try it....but that is what happened and maybe the heat from the globes would be a problem also.....something different when you do the prowl down the main on Fri/Sat nights....SMOKING HEAD LIGHTS !!!!

Your friend has used cheap material, you need to use good quality like 3M to get a good result.

dashger

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf commodore ssv redline
Can you provide seller's detail? I want one badly. Thanks

Nick SS BLK

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 HOLDEN COMMODORE VF2 SS BLACK EDITION
9i9q1z.jpg

2rmbon9.jpg

2zom4cn.jpg

this is all what i got from them. ill pm you link as i dont know if i can share it here

Hi mate could you please share the link with me too, id love to have one, cheers