Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Headlight conversion

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
Just did it today. Will get pics when I can as the ones I have are way to dark. Does look good though :yeah:.

jesse3.8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
ah **** are you serious mine were absuloute pricks to get apart

God Dam It

DUK13Y

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
lol.. yeah it takes ages to get them apart. I heated in a fan forced oven at ~100 degrees for about 3 mins, used a wide flat blade screwdriver to get under the corners then slowly, and i mean slowly, start to remove the glue.

After about 2 mins the glue is soft again and put back in oven for about 2 mins. Then just keep repeating that until you can pry the screwdriver between both the back and front halves, then i used a chisel to act as a plough, pushing both halves apart. You'll need to make sure that all the clips are off before you can plough through. Took me about half an hour to an hour per light.

If you make another effort and get them apart. Make sure you keep both the lens and back half in a very dust free zone as it's a bitch to clean them properly when stuff get in them. Also make sure you mask properly too.

End result = Calais/HSV lights :yeah:

DUK13Y

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
Pics.

Before:
P170509_1435.jpg

After:
P260509_0823.jpg

Thoughts? I'll get some more better quality pics when I can.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I have a problem with converting my Berlina lights to the Calais style.

I like the Calais set up with the black outs, but I also like the Berlina style as they are now. I've converted everything else externally to make my Berlina look like a Calais Series 2 (except for the Calais badges - the Berlina one is still on the boot and I don't like the de-badged look).

Every time I clean the car, I contemplate doing the headlights, but have withheld up to this point from doing so.

Maybe I'll do it one day when I'm bored.

DUK13Y

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
lol.. I too liked the berlina style but imo soon as you're done, it looks so much better.

This is no small and easy job for a day of boredom. You'll want to be pretty committed because there is no reverse for this.