Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Headlight conversion

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Yep I realise the job takes a fair bit of time - that's another reason why I haven't bothered so far.

Also, I'm reluctant to put $600 worth of lights in the oven (and my missus is never away from the house without the car long enough for me to do it - I don't think I could ever explain what the headlights were doing in the oven if she came home half way through the job.)

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
Yep I realise the job takes a fair bit of time - that's another reason why I haven't bothered so far.

Also, I'm reluctant to put $600 worth of lights in the oven (and my missus is never away from the house without the car long enough for me to do it - I don't think I could ever explain what the headlights were doing in the oven if she came home half way through the job.)

lol yeah I was a bot worried about sticking them in the oven too but at 2 mins each time there isn't a great deal of risk. The way I did it, the lights were still cool enough to hold and did not bend or twist like soft plastic does. Just softened the glue enough to get a screwdriver between the halves.

It would suck if you were doing the mod with the missus out, she comes back to find you with the headlights in the oven, starts to have a debate on what the hells going on, you forget about the lights and cook em to a nice headlight stew. :whistling

man i recommend u buy the calais lights, i was lucky at the time and picked them of a wrecked calais for 30 bucks each. They look so much better then the chrome ones

hmm.. I would have rather bought them, but there are no cheap ones out there. You just got extremely lucky. I will agree to them being heaps better than chrome.