Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Headlight LED upgrade

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman S
Bit dated on the thread, but has anyone has any luck firing the ballasts behind the dust covers? At the moment I'm running mine without them, but looking to fit them again to stop them weathering on the inside. Had leds in my last 4 cars now, but haven't ever seemed to be able to get them to fit with the covers... Any ideas?

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Bit dated on the thread, but has anyone has any luck firing the ballasts behind the dust covers? At the moment I'm running mine without them, but looking to fit them again to stop them weathering on the inside. Had leds in my last 4 cars now, but haven't ever seemed to be able to get them to fit with the covers... Any ideas?

if you can, get leds with inbuilt drivers or another option is to find someone that can 3d print you a set of caps to suit your requirements in ABS plastic like this post

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
The Narva LED conversion ballasts fit inside the headlights and the stock caps fit. Narva low beams aren't mind-blowing, a bit better spread and brighter but not much more range than a halogen. The high beams are good, much better than halogens.

Here's what they look like on an unlit road in a VF2 low and high beam.

20211007_214415.jpg

20211007_214405.jpg