Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Headlight problem

portsie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series 2
Hi,

Ive got a problem with my VY Berlina 2003 series 2. I've got automatic headlights. But when i'm driving they seem to always stay on. I switch the head light dial to off but that doesn't even turn off my headlights

Need a fix thanks

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I'd say it has had an "always on" kit fitted. They turn off with the key though don't they?

Krilnik

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
Ex Telstra car?

portsie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series 2
yeah when i take key out and turn off car they turn off. How would i be able to check if they have an always on kit. and if they do how to remove?

Thanks

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s m5 supercharged
Pull out the head light switch and see if there is a extra plug between the switch and the loom in the car..

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
if you do find it has the telstra plug fitted and you remove it, dont chuck it out ... I'm chasing one ... that is if its going for free (I'll pay postage) :beer chug:

Theres some info floating around, best I can find is "You will need to remove the cluster And from memory the a/c vent adapter thingy So you can get your hand's in There are 2 metal tabs on the switch that let it clip into the dash they need to be pressed inwards so you can pull the switch out"

You can sort of pry it out without popping out the cluster & air vent, but first time I did it I bent the metal tabs on the switch and it didn't sit in properly. From memory if you take out the cluster you'll be able to poke a torch towards the switch and see if it has the additional witing anyway (its some wiring & a box plugged in between the original wiring harness plug and the switch itself)

Its called the Telstra T82 option

portsie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series 2
thanks guys ill have a look now. If it does have one ill send it your way mate

portsie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series 2
Thanks for the help. All fixed had the t82 on it.

Problem Solved :)

Last edited:

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
cool mate, out of curiosity how did you end up doing it ... cluster & little side panel out, or just pry the light switch?

If your happy to send it my way I'm happy to pitch in a couple of bucks for postage. Flick me a PM if your interested.