Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Headlight Relay

RoboticCherry-Coke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais S1
Hey,

I just bought a HID kit for my VS Calais and am having a bit of trouble wiring it up. The instructions say to put one of the wires onto the headlight relay, well as this is a low beam kit I had a look at the low beam relay and after playing around with my multimeter all I can find is a constant 12v red wire going into the relay. I don't seem to get any volts off of the other wires (this is with the headlights on and off). So where abouts am I supposed to wire this to?

Any help is really appreciated. :thumbsup:

PS. I have done a lot of reading about these HID kits and peoples opinion of them so please don't tell me how I shouldn't have one and the legalities etc. I am just looking for a bit of help. Cheers.

Last edited:

RoboticCherry-Coke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais S1
It was only a cheap kit from ebay but um no it isn't like that. I just read over the instructions a couple more times and I think I might have misunderstood some of the directions due to the poorly translated english. So I will take another look at it when I get home from work and see if I can get things sorted :)

Colrow

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
should be easy enough to find... the load side of the relay ( the wire going between the relay and the headlight) will be the one you need. These kits aernt to hard to install once you get your head around the scattered english in the instructions lol