Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

headlight tint spray

lurkin91

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx ss 5.7 6 speed
I have just got my new tail lights and blacked them out with a can vht nite-shade translucent black lens paint and they look mint. My question is should i hit them with a clear coat for that added protection or will it mess with the tint? It dosent say anything about it on the can.

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
Why mess with a safety device?

lurkin91

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx ss 5.7 6 speed
It's translucent so the light shines through like normal. My utes all black on black so thought why not.

Ironman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Executive Sedan stocker
In my opinion dark lights is defeating a safety device. Buy hey its your choice to make your intentions to brake or turn less visible to already distracted drivers behind you. Again its only my opinion.

supercharged-ride

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6 Alloytec190
I have just got my new tail lights and blacked them out with a can vht nite-shade translucent black lens paint and they look mint. My question is should i hit them with a clear coat for that added protection or will it mess with the tint? It dosent say anything about it on the can.

I understand the above replies and agree with them but its your choice and its not answering what you have asked. If the spray tint was meant to have a top coat they would have it on the instructions and it may destroy the finish you have so no personally i would not put a clear over the top at all

lurkin91

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx ss 5.7 6 speed
Cheers mate. I left it alone and its fine. To all whom are concerened this car isnt registered so no need to skip a heart beat ! Thanks for the help