Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Headlights issue

MasterC

MasterC~VsCalais
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Redline VF2
I have a wierd one. My passenger lights appear dimmer than the driver side. When I flick the high beams on, the entire passenger light turns off. Than switch the high beam off and they come back on. Has anyone seen this? I put in a Walkinshaw (SS reduction) CAI pod in. Couldn't tell u if it was before or after that

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
Could be a bad earth somewhere in the passenger side wiring.

MasterC

MasterC~VsCalais
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Redline VF2
Could be a bad earth somewhere in the passenger side wiring.
Beat me too it. I pulled the walky filter out and put the original back in. It worked. Blew a light in the process but swapped that. The box uses the earth to sit in place. That obviously wasn't earthed enough. Too bad the intake sounded awesome and I felt a bit of a difference

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Must be a way to earth it properly WITH that intake in place?

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
It would be surprising if a replacement aftermarket intake doesn't allow for an adequate earth to be retained in the factory location.

I agree with Forg though, it should be easy to knock up an alternative earth location if necessary.

MasterC

MasterC~VsCalais
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Redline VF2
I bought it second hand. When watching the install videos, they would normally supply a wierd washer that goes on the earth. I'm planning on cutting that part out and making an alternative way of stabilising it. The bottom screw should be enough as it sits snug between the maf and the wall in the interior of the engine bay.

MasterC

MasterC~VsCalais
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Redline VF2
There is a hole further up a bit. I can make a hole and mount it there. No nuts at the moment so will get to it for anyone interested, bored , or may be a tight ass like me and not have money for a proper OTR and Tune