Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

headlining questions

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
It did mean I couldn't use the fasteners, but it also did not sag or anything because the trim panels held it in place. I also trimmed and insulated those panels too.

Reactions: Lex

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
It did mean I couldn't use the fasteners, but it also did not sag or anything because the trim panels held it in place. I also trimmed and insulated those panels too.
I was wondering what kept it all up?

VPRob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP executive sedan V6
I/ve found it tends to sag behind the dome light if the clips can't be used. The replacement I put in before did and the one I just took out of the VS had dropped (the board) in that area too. So I want to try and get the clips to work.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
???
There’s nothing of the headliner behind that area. The light should be ample, plus the side trims and the door seals to hold it up.

If the headliner has been bent or it’s structure comprised, perhaps.

Mine was never an issue.

VPRob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP executive sedan V6
Ok Fu, I take your point. The trick is probably to make sure the board is held well up in position while the light, the handles and the side trim are fixed in place. Then it can't really sag. Maybe I can afford not to obsess about the clips and velcro.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Oh yeah, it dropped a little until I had the light in and did sit slightly lower on the window than before. However coming back to the car on a hot day and it not being overly hot inside, it was worth it. Also quieter driving was nice.

VPRob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP executive sedan V6
My local guy has recovered the headboard for $120. He supplied the fabric. I supplied a (VS) headboard cleaned up of old glue and foam. I need to re-install it myself.
Next step is to pull out the existing headboard and see what I've got in the way of velcro backed clips and whether any rusty spots need attention before installing the new board

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Both my VZ Crewmans also has the same Velcro tabs as VU-VS ute. Not required for reinstallation though. Made no difference.