Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Heads for cammed Ls1.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Yes still running the std LS2 tb.
I had no issues at all with the car after fitting.
Started 1st time and idle perfectly, already had a 212/218 cam fitted with stock stall before fitting the Fast102.
I do a lot of slow speed hilly driving around my way and you can definitely feel the extra bottom and mid range punch from the Fast102 v LS2 manifold.
I haven't had time to do a touch up tune so haven't pushed it too hard as I have read that the Fast102 can send the A/F ratio a little leaner.
Although there are plenty who have fitted with no tunes at all and they haven't had any problems (US forums).
The only major fitment problem I had (on an LS2) was that the rear engine lifting ring has to be removed from the rear of the head as the manifold is bigger overall than the LS2 IM.
A minor thing was the map sensor wiring only just makes the distance as the map sensor on the 102 is central to the tb where as the LS2 is on the left.
With the wiring harness rerouted towards the inside of the left fuel rail I was able to reach the sensor.
Might lengthen the 3 wires later on and put the wiring harness back where it normally should be.

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
I can get a pair of trick flow 215 cc heads for under 3k. What do u guys think? Prc 227's will come over the 3k with postage but I wantt to get the best performance as possible so im willing to spend

If I was you and wanted the best heads you should look away from the cathedral ports and look into this: Mast Motorsport Black Label Small Bore LS3 Heads then you can have the L98/LS3 intake manifold along with your 90mm throttle.....winning

Cava454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VZ SS
Mast are the ducks nuts.

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily

maxchevy350

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz SS Ute
Lol no problem, just saying. Read an article that cathedral produce better low end than rectangular.

maxchevy350

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz SS Ute
With the mast heads they say their an easy bolt on, is there anything needs changing, upgrading on an Ls1.
With the Fast 102mm ls3 intake do u need a fuel rail kit.

Cava454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VZ SS
Why run the fast manifold. They still suffer the distribution problems the ls6 manifold does.....

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
With the mast heads they say their an easy bolt on, is there anything needs changing, upgrading on an Ls1.
With the Fast 102mm ls3 intake do u need a fuel rail kit.

Hey mate i know not the same motor but when i got mine on there were no major issues went straight on apart from the spark leads, as the heads are bigger and i cant remember if 11 or 12 degree they sit
tad more upright so the standard stock leads barely reach bady strech, i got some TopGun 10mm and there heaps longer fitted nicely

good luck!