Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Heads for cammed Ls1.

maxchevy350

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz SS Ute
Looking at a pair of Trick Flow Genx 215cc heads for my Vz ss. Would they be a good match for 232/234 cam.
Aslo looking at Lsx 92mm manifold with matching TB or Lsxr 102mm Manifold with matching TB. What are thoughts people?

bozodos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 MY06
Check out the PRC 227cc heads from Texas Speed Performance, as for the FAST manifolds, I was under the impression that these gave minimal gains and were a bit of a waste of time?

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
The Fast92 is designed for LS1/6's and will allow you to use all your current hardware, fuel lines, rear map sensor etc
Also it will allow you to fit that bigger cable 90/92 TB you want to upgrade to.
The fast102 cathederal port IM uses the LS2 fuel rail and is designed as a bolt on fit with virtually no modifications to fit straight on a LS2 which has map sensor at front.

maxchevy350

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz SS Ute
The Fast92 is designed for LS1/6's and will allow you to use all your current hardware, fuel lines, rear map sensor etc
Also it will allow you to fit that bigger cable 90/92 TB you want to upgrade to.
The fast102 cathederal port IM uses the LS2 fuel rail and is designed as a bolt on fit with virtually no modifications to fit straight on a LS2 which has map sensor at front.

Can I use fast102 if i upgrade fuel rail? What else needs to be done?

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
Does your VZ have the 5.7, or 6.0 engine? Personally, heads are a waste of time unless chasing big power gains. Standard LS1 heads will flow 500hp as is.

maxchevy350

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz SS Ute
5.7. Thought heads were the way to go. What would u recommend to gain more power.

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
I am no expert(unlike some on here), but I just believe your money could be spent better. What power are you looking for?
What do you want to use your ute for? Get an LS6 inlet manifold(same as vx-vz) can pick them up on Ebay for not a lot of money at times. Bigger throttle body will only drain your wallet, not give you any more power(inlet manifold opening is the restriction, not the throttle body).
A good set of extractors, and full exhaust, over the radiator inlet, and a good tune should give you great returns.
And as a lot will say, change the diff ratio for better acceleration.
Just make sure your cam is suitable for what you want(be honest with that answer) Auto or manual???
If you want big power, well, thats a different matter

maxchevy350

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz SS Ute
Already got all those mods. Looking to improve low down speed as i have a 232/234 cam. Upgrading manifold and T/b should help this

2INIL8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH COMMODORE 308
Spend the money on the heads,inlet is the last thing i'd do.
I got the same cam,m6 will never improve low down speed
you need a smaller cam if thats a concern.
Putting a huge intake on will make it worse.
If going for an intake id go the fast 92 as its more than big enough.
Even the ls6 and 78mm tb is good for 320rwkw.