Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Heads Up Display Showing Speed Limits?

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
Capture.JPG

There is a speed limit icon showing the number 60 in black with a red circle. What does this signify? Does the VF recognise speed limits on Australian roads or is this just bollocks?

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
My GPS does this.

Sometimes the GPS shows a different speed, if the road has been upgraded (like the Ring road in Melbourne) as my maps are 3+ years old.

But yes, it seems legit.

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
how accurate is it? ie how updated would it be ? Speed limits change frequently and it is possible to get caught out I suspect quite easily..
Officer, I was concentrating on my HUD which says this is 100 Km/h zone, Officer to me " well that's wrong , you should have been looking the the speed limit sign 1 km's back and it is now 80 km/h , here's your $200 fine !!

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
how accurate is it? ie how updated would it be ? Speed limits change frequently and it is possible to get caught out I suspect quite easily..
Officer, I was concentrating on my HUD which says this is 100 Km/h zone, Officer to me " well that's wrong , you should have been looking the the speed limit sign 1 km's back and it is now 80 km/h , here's your $200 fine !!

Of course. It is up to the driver to ensure he/she is obeying the speed limit. That mean reading the signs on the road, and not relying on technology.

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6 Ute Series II 2004
Seriously hi tech if it is the speed limit determined by GPS. :thumbsup:

My old manual Mazda years ago had red markers on the speedo dial showing where best to shift gears for economy...:driving::lmao:

Mister_Q

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
I have the speed warnings on my Garmin GPS. Most of the time it's correct, but it's not 100%. I'm not stupid enough to believe that I could successfully use it as a speeding defence if I was ignoring the posted speed limit signs in favour of what the GPS was telling me. :p

Mk2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais S2
That's really cool if so.

Protip: Erect fake signs every 50 metres indicating a speed 40kmh over the officially posted signs. HUD speed display now in rave mode.