Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Headunit broken clips

Thorpee85

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve anniversary 08
Hi Guys, I am new here but have read a heap of your threads and everyone in here seems helpful and knowledgeable.

I have just acquired an omega anniversary ve recently and still sorting out issues that came with the car! Radio has been playing up and blanking out whenever I hit a bump on the road. I have done some investigating and found the clips on the back of the headunit are all snapped off so the headunit isn't seating properly onto the electrical wire harness.

Question for you will I get away with super glueing the clips back onto the faceplate or where do I get replacement ones from?

also cd player isn't working keeps throwing mech error or cd error messages at me, will I get away with just cutting the cable that runs to the cd player? I have no need to play cds as I use the aux cable to stream music whilst driving. Message is just driving me crazy lol.

sorry for the long thread audio is not my strong suit.

Cheers

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I think a new facia is in order. I doubt super glue will work. Maybe for a short while.

The CD thing I don’t think has a wire. It’s almost all circuit board in there.

You might be about togo to an after market system or you’ll have to source a new head unit and have it reflashed to your cars VIN.