Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Headunits.. need help

MATTonee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore v6
Im looking at buying a headunit to kickstart my System.. im struggling to find a headunit that has the things i need though..
i need a headunit that has a way of connecting my ipod from the rear of the headunit so i can hide the cable in my glovebox (im big on neatness) umm yer any help ideas or anything would be apreciated.. i dont mind single or double din doesnt bother me.
cheers

Zend3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
That's a pretty basic requirement! What are *all* of your criteria?

Budget? Features? Do you prefer the look of one brand over another?

Are you planning on installing a fully amped system?

MATTonee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore v6
um budget around the 200 mark.. and yer i have plans for the system.. in the nect 6 months when i save up money but at the moment i just want the headunit
thanks guys..
oh and as far as brand i dont like sony :) pioneer clarion alpine kenwood i like them

Zend3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
With that budget you will pretty much have to suck it up and go for front USB. For whatever reason the lower end models pretty much all have front USB and stereo jacks.

Alpine's flagship ~$500 unit gets a rear USB and that seems to be the general theme. Paying big bucks for rear USB.

Honestly, 2 head units ago I had front USB and it really wasn't all that bad. Picked myself up a super small USB (like this.. mine was a little bigger) and just left in the front. Wasn't too bad and easy access when I was chucking new music on USB at work.

MATTonee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore v6
yer fair enough i think that would be the go.. theres plenty around that mark aswell... i could spen more just dont want to ahah.. thanks but

fazza19

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT Commodore
JVC headunits are good they have they have everything you need and that look good too. i think they are $250 to $300

MATTonee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore v6
wraith thats abouot perfect thanks... is that tray thing rather then running a cord into the glovebox?

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
As far as I can tell it's pretty much the best thing available at your budget. Also yes the iPod sit's in side the actual unit.