Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hearing Whistling sound

Forum_Lurker

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
I've got what sounds like a very similar problem that's started recently in my VF2 redline.

At about 80km/hr and upwards, I hear a whistling/leaking air sound coming from the door seal immediately beside my right ear.

Did Holden fix any of the issues for you guys?

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
Just recently got my drivers side door seal replaced under warranty (due to wind noise).......made zero difference.

smegl98

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Hey Guys, Still haven't heard anything from the dealer. Will be chasing them tomorrow.

cdr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF Maloo R8
I am hearing a slight whistling sound as well on mine around 100, that appears to be coming from around the B Pillar rear door area as well. Seems like a pattern with a few cars here.

smegl98

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
So got in contact with the dealer today, they have received a response from Holden to replace the plastic guard that sits on top of the radiator as well as replacing the door trim for the driver. The car is going in next week so I will let you know how it goes. I mentioned to the dealer about this forum and they highly recommend any owner with similar issues ensure their local dealership raises a case directly with holden about the issue, if we all do it then the higher priority it gets at holden for coming up with a fix.

cdr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF Maloo R8
Did anybody get the wind whistling sound solved? Still notice mine around 100 k's when on the freeway. Almost like the sound you get when a window is partially open.

Davison

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16
Mine does it anywhere from 60km/h plus. They've been having this issue since 2013, no idea how it's still not solved on new cars. Raised it at 3k service, dealer adjusted the door which made it worse so it's presumably a sealing issue. They want it for another day as they couldn't solve it, I'll probably have a go at it myself first.

smegl98

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Did anybody get the wind whistling sound solved? Still notice mine around 100 k's when on the freeway. Almost like the sound you get when a window is partially open.

Hey Mate,

Sorry I didn't get back earlier on this one. So as far as I can tell my issue has been fixed, this involved replacement of a few seals under the front bonnet.

I will take a picture tonight of what was replaced and will post it tomorrow.

smegl98

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
yMAGq

Hey Guys,

Here is the pic, you can see the guard on top of the radiator now has a lip that comes up the chrome grill.

Hope this helps.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
yMAGq

Hey Guys,

Here is the pic, you can see the guard on top of the radiator now has a lip that comes up the chrome grill.

Hope this helps.

Cant see the pic.