Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] Heart broken if true!!!

Y2K Drama

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Exec S2
Hi all,
Just bought a 2002 Monaro V2 VX CV8 and was told that I Can't get quad exhaust in it due to the petrol tank or the floor pan.
IS THERE A WAY AROUND IT?
PLEASE LET THERE BE HOPE...

insane

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Couldn't say definitely myself as never seen the floor pan but I guess it's the same for most commodores etc. Fuel filler & tank position stops being able to run the second outlet past the rear wheels.

Common way around it is a fuel cell in the boot, delete the fuel filler.

What about side mount exhausts that exit in front of the rear wheels? Don't really know to be honest. I think the exhaust has to exit past the cabin opening by a certain amount doesn't it? Which might give enough distance between back of door opening & rear wheel being a monaro.

Custom Fuel tank & altered filler to fill from the rear like a Torana & run dual exhausts out the back? Would mean your fuel tank would be reduced in volume unless ran a custom drop tank. (This has been an idea I've been toying with but not for a Monaro. For my older VK Calais which will have a LPG tank in the boot & gas injection, if I do it. Not something I could imagine doing to a Monaro though)

All of the above mentioned may be irrelevant & not useful at all, I can't say but sure someone has some other idea's or can correct me by saying just can't be done or just do this etc.

Anything is possible if you throw enough money at it :thumbsup::air:

Last edited:

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
As above. Anything possible when you throw enough money at it.

For a quick to medium fix. Your **** out of luck. Should have looked before you purchased.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
The series 2 Monaro had proper dual exhausts, but it took a lot of engineering changes to achieve. The fuel tank was relocated in the boot behind the rear seat for a start and there might have been floorpan alterations. Have a look at a Series 2 underneath if you can and see if that's an option. (Bloody expensive option, though, I'd imagine)

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
The series 2 Monaro had proper dual exhausts, but it took a lot of engineering changes to achieve. The fuel tank was relocated in the boot behind the rear seat for a start and there might have been floorpan alterations. Have a look at a Series 2 underneath if you can and see if that's an option. (Bloody expensive option, though, I'd imagine)

I think you mean VZ Monaro is different.
V2 Series I,II & III are all the same floor pan. VZ got fuel tank relocated and o lot of boot space disappeared as a result.