Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HEART BROKEN.. Someone reversed into me!

steelsabre

Reaction score
Members Ride
sv6 ute my12
That moment when you park for 10 minutes.... come back and find a note on your window... I was meant to be driving up to QLD for work on Wednesday! Worst TIMING EVER.

23w5ea8.jpg

Heart broken! I must admit ive been lucky up until now.. since i bought it a year ago... not one scratch!

hahaha thank god he left a note and he is insured!! The bloke reversed into me with an old toyota ute!!

Had anyone else had this happen? any pictures so i can laugh at you!??! haha

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
well , at least they left a note , and minimal damage , but still bloody annoying

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
It's always theshit cars that back into nice cars.

Atleast the bloke was honest enough to leave a note.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
tis but a fleshwound.

i had the opposite happen to me the first week of the month, was love tapped by a truck at a set of lights, luckily only the boot and spoiler and minor damage to the bumper and panel above it.

Img_1328.jpg

Shiny Alex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
I feel your pain, had 3 doors dented by others opening theirs onto mine, my Dad scratched my rear bumper putting a suit case in. My wife has put a scuff ot both sideskirts with her shoes.

But the worse was my old neighbour, reversed into the rear bumper scratching it badly. Left a note to offer to pay and saying he did it, so we booked the car in and two days before it was due to go in we came home from work and his house was empty. It's taken me a year to track him down for the money and now he's stalling by wanting to go through the insurance company.

The only good thing about it was we saw on his facebook that he was trying to sell the car he hit ours with and whilst it was on the side of the road someone kicked all the panels in.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
I suggest, if you haven't already, immediately get in touch with the person who left the note to ensure that the details given are in fact true and correct. Not unknown for 'low lifes' to leave a fictitious note with dodgy contact details. Good luck.

Shiny Alex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
I suggest, if you haven't already, immediately get in touch with the person who left the note to ensure that the details given are in fact true and correct. Not unknown for 'low lifes' to leave a fictitious note with dodgy contact details. Good luck.

The 2 numbers on the note were changed, nut the dumb-a$$ forgot he was renting their house out. First tenant wouldn't give me any contact details, but he upset the second and they gaves the details :)
Been on the phone to him acouple of times now and have email and facebook, so just harrasing the sh!t out of him on all forms of contact. And it won't take much to get an address.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
That moment when you park for 10 minutes.... come back and find a note on your window... I was meant to be driving up to QLD for work on Wednesday! Worst TIMING EVER.

PIC SNIPPED
Heart broken! I must admit ive been lucky up until now.. since i bought it a year ago... not one scratch!

hahaha thank god he left a note and he is insured!! The bloke reversed into me with an old toyota ute!!

Had anyone else had this happen? any pictures so i can laugh at you!??! haha

$3800 worth damage, Note left, driver name changed in process (dads i think)
took 6.5 weeks to rectify by the panel shop. Initially completed after 2 weeks, panels on wrong, badges wrong, damage to seat, paint ripples etc
Took 5 days harassing for AAMI insurance to get a assessor to look at it for rectification, went back to repairer
Assessor checked a week later after work, told em to do the bonnet and front quarters again as found more paint ripples.

In the end, free hire car, refunds from AAMI due to damage done to red moulds, Ford couldnt even adjust the lights so refund on that, and was a hassle.

Was happy to crash it in the end, wasnt the same.

For ANYONE in a accident, get before and after pictures. Luckily i had some to prove my case. Not just picture of the accident but the condition of the car prior.
If i didnt have those pictures, wouldve been harder to rectify my case.

car01.jpg

car02.jpg