Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Heart verses Head

jphanna

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA
1985 and my VK valiant got cleaned up by P plater going through a stop sign and wrote it off. I was ok (minor injuries) but needed a car soon . I looked at various newish cars back then but i was only 19 and my parents were going to bail me out for some of the cost so they had a say in the type of car i bought. I ended up getting a wedge nose celica. At the time the celica cost the same as a late model commodore so it wasn’t cheap and i had that for about a year before i spotted a replica mustang GT350 in the window of a crash shop. They were asking around $13,000 back then. I had a good job and the price wasn’t an issue to me.

This was the one and only time i truly fell for a muscle car even though it was a car with an engine and looks like that couldn’t possible be considered an everyday driver. It was a complete bumper to bumper rebuild and i couldnt take my eyes of it and i have never been a mustang fan before but it was just THIS car that i fell for. I begged and pleaded with my parents to let me sell the celica and buy this car but no amount of begging, guilt treatment, sulking, anything i could use to convince them to allow me to buy it, worked. They won.
In this case my heart clearly would have won over my head but it was my parents that stopped me from making that decision. They were probably right but i will never know what it would have been like to have, if i won.

Have you ever had to make a hard decision about a car, and was it your head or heart that won?

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
hate to say it man, but in your case with the GT350 rep, it prob would have been a great car to have (heart) and also a solid investment (head)

Sharoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Grandpa Spec 5.7L VX Berlina
It was a bomb of a car but I loved my VP Commodore.
I learnt to drive in it and brought both my babies home from hospital in it.

Each day that went past it seemed to have yet another thing wrong and I was just over fixing it.
I found the VX and that was a head decision. 2 kids I needed a safe reliable car.
Costs less than the VP to run and looks a lot better.
Once I brought it, it took 2 weeks for me to put the 4 Sale sign on the VP.
I was really sad to see her go.
I now see it everywhere which makes it worse.. Its like seeing your ex with a new partner.

My dad sold his pride and joy 73 Ford Fairlane as it cost way too much to run and was getting too hard for him to park. He was really upset when that went, He still says he made the wrong decision.

I also got upset when my ex sold his Vh Brock replica. I loved that car. We had some good memories in it...lol
He also sold it for a crappy ute to drag his motorbike around in which made it hurt little bit more..

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
I try to always use my head and keep my heart out. Doesn't always work:p.

Some years back when the VY was new, I was about to buy a near new one. I went about 4 day into discussion on finance, dotting i crossing T's. At the death knocker i pulled out didn't feel it was time. Only a few years later i was stuck with a BA and some extra issues on top. So when i now think about it. Lucky i went head.

Similar with my Berlina and the other car i was looking at. I went berlina head good cruising car was in best condition out of all the cars i had looked at. Smartest decision. Heart said VTII LS1 Exec sleeper:D.

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
In 2003 I walked past a genuine VN Group A in a car yard in Unanderra. Needed a bit of cleaning up, nothing major, had under 100,000km on the clock.

They wanted $30k for it, which incidentally, was the size of my redundancy payout a week before.

I walked away from it and put the money into my house deposit.

Used my head, but I still think about it.

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
I sold my Torana about 5 years? ago because I couldn't afford to run it (after a few years of building it)

That was my head doing the selling.

My heart is still broken :(

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
Had the chance to buy a VK group 3 brock replica and a 5 litre VN motor to bolt in haven't got the 4500 he wants for it

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S Pack Ute
Heart bought a VL Calais Turbo, Head sold it a year later.... Heart still misses it haha.

A combination head/heart just bought a vs s pack ute though. Head says it was cheap and practical, heart says woohoo i've been wanting one of these for years! (just something about the vs ute's i can't get past)

XeKToReX

Put it on credit!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL, VR Exec, VS Stato, VT Clubby #555
A mates old man was looking @ an Immaculate original HX LE Monaro with 30,000 on it at a Holden Dealer for months, disappeared for a few days, asked them about it, said they'd sold it, He was pretty upset that he never knew it was for sale..

Couple of months later, flew to queensland to look at one very similar, and there was the sticker of the holden dealer on the back, bought it on the spot, freighted it back.

Heart won.