Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Heated Seat aren't very hot - Can they be made hotter?

mitweiler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V S1 6L
I tried searching the threads but couldn't find anything but good things about the VF Calais V heated seats. People saying they're very warm/hot and are happy with them. To be honest I can hardly feel mine (driver's seat and passenger's seat).
Is anybody else got the same issue?
Is there a way to check they are working correctly, make them stronger, or upgrade them?

Magnum61

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 Magnum
My Missus has noticed that the drivers seat in the magnum is much hotter than the Passenger seat. I havent had a chance to look at it yet but I was wondering if there was a crushed duct somewhere?

daves8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF Calais V 6.0 | 2013 VF Calais V V6 Wagon
I have a Calais V and the seats burn my ass if left on too long

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
My Missus has noticed that the drivers seat in the magnum is much hotter than the Passenger seat. I havent had a chance to look at it yet but I was wondering if there was a crushed duct somewhere?

just sounds like your drivers seat is more worn, which is hardly surprising.

Magnum61

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 Magnum
LOL,
Personally, I never use the heated seats nor have I ever sat in the passenger seat EVER!

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
just sounds like your drivers seat is more worn, which is hardly surprising.
They have a heating mat in the top and bottom seat pads. They are eclectically operated resistor mat so doubt they will get worn. Some people will draw more heat from them than others. You don't really notice the heated seat when no one is sitting on it.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
They have a heating mat in the top and bottom seat pads. They are eclectically operated resistor mat so doubt they will get worn. Some people will draw more heat from them than others. You don't really notice the heated seat when no one is sitting on it.

i didn't think i needed to point this out but more like your fat arse sits on the seat more and wears the seat itself quicker.

i've noted that most cars tend to have a softer and better padded passengers seat after a few years use.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Just put some heat beads under the seat and light it up. Make sure your windows are down
Or eat lots of cabbage & onion and install those cabbie style bead seat-covers to allow even dispertion of the warm vapours?

i didn't think i needed to point this out but more like your fat arse sits on the seat more and wears the seat itself quicker.
I think he meant that the seat wearing wasn't going to affect the ability of an electric heat-element to heat.
You might break the circuit of the element I guess, but then it'd stop doing anything at all.