Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Heated Seat aren't very hot - Can they be made hotter?

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
A question for those with heated seats - can you adjust the temperature or is it factory set and forget?

It only has 3 switch settings, high, medium and low.

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
It’s easy as to make them better. There’s a how to here:
Made me laugh out loud in lockdown.
Looks like the perfect stuck at home project, especially since the circuits and calcs are already done in the video.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
I tried searching the threads but couldn't find anything but good things about the VF Calais V heated seats. People saying they're very warm/hot and are happy with them. To be honest I can hardly feel mine (driver's seat and passenger's seat).
Is anybody else got the same issue?
Is there a way to check they are working correctly, make them stronger, or upgrade them?
Thermal undies?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
At least not so hot seats are better than the opposite problem. It’s better than a recall by Rolls Royce because their seats were getting too hot for comfort which was again better than the Cadillac seat heater recall because their seats could catch fire :eek:

Guess that’s just me channeling Gladys Berejiklian with her “we are better than other countries dealing with delt” bullshite :p:p

mitweiler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V S1 6L
I have a Calais V and the seats burn my ass if left on too long
Well that's what I want or expected when set to high. That's how my merc is when on high. I'll have to sit in another vf calais and see how there heated seats feel. If mines faulty I'll want them fixed otherwise I might as well have gotten a ssv lol. Heated seats was one of the selling points of the Calais for us.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Well that's what I want or expected when set to high. That's how my merc is when on high. I'll have to sit in another vf calais and see how there heated seats feel. If mines faulty I'll want them fixed otherwise I might as well have gotten a ssv lol. Heated seats was one of the selling points of the Calais for us.
My Calais was too hot to leave on high for a long drive. My Director feels about the same as the Calais did on a cold day. Very toasty.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
My Calais was too hot to leave on high for a long drive. My Director feels about the same as the Calais did on a cold day. Very toasty.

My Magnum seats take about 20 minutes to get up to 'toasty' temps, before i consider turning them down.
A previous Astra I had(now my son's car) would be getting turned down in just a couple of minutes.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
My Magnum seats take about 20 minutes to get up to 'toasty' temps, before i consider turning them down.
A previous Astra I had(now my son's car) would be getting turned down in just a couple of minutes.

I don't have heated seats in my Redline Ute, the driver's side doesn't even come with the electrics to move the seat back and forth, Holden in their cheapness just provided a couple of old milk crates and a fluffy cushion.

But I do have them in my Euros and they reach maximum temperature within a couple of minutes then slowly reduce in temperature until they turn themselves off.

There is a gauge on the dash where you can see the temperature for both front seats and see it reduce.

The thinking behind it is you get into a cold car and need the seats to warm you quickly, once warm they can be turned off as the body temperature of your bum will keep you warm.

If you're not happy with that you can always hit the button to switch them back on.

In saying that I find mine a bit too warm and of no real use in the warmer climates, I'd rather ventilated seats.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
I don't have heated seats in my Redline Ute, the driver's side doesn't even come with the electrics to move the seat back and forth, Holden in their cheapness just provided a couple of old milk crates and a fluffy cushion.

But I do have them in my Euros and they reach maximum temperature within a couple of minutes then slowly reduce in temperature until they turn themselves off.

There is a gauge on the dash where you can see the temperature for both front seats and see it reduce.

The thinking behind it is you get into a cold car and need the seats to warm you quickly, once warm they can be turned off as the body temperature of your bum will keep you warm.

If you're not happy with that you can always hit the button to switch them back on.

In saying that I find mine a bit too warm and of no real use in the warmer climates, I'd rather ventilated seats.

Do your ute seats 'breakover' like proper ute seats? To get access behind them?
I'm not a real fan of the seats in the Magnum. They are fully electric, recline, up and down, tilt and fore and aft.
The broadcast sheets state they are memory seats, but the ute BCM doesn't have that function.
I think they're basically sedan seats, the seat backs barely move forward. Makes it awkward to access the battery and wheel change gear.
The only good point about the seats are the heaters, although they are slow to heat up. Very handy here this time of the year.

Not as good as the Astra though. I used to finish night shift at 6am, start the car, turn on the seat heater, then scrape the ice off the front and rear screens.. My bum would be warm leaving the car park, and I'd turn them off within a couple of kilometers.