Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Heater Box Need Help Please

imagirlhelpme

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR wagan
hey, i have a vr and my heater was not pushing out hot air just warm and it would go cold after a little bit, but now the fan is not working so no air is coming out i have pulled apart the dash and undone some bolts on the firewall to try and get the heating system out yet can not, and i dont actually know whats wrong with it i was going to pull it apart to have a look yet can not get it out the car please help :bomb:

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
The cold/hot dial may be faulty-
look on the floor near the pedals left hand side and you will see a white plastic lever that the cold/hot dial operates- this may be misadjusted.
hey, i have a vr and my heater was not pushing out hot air just warm and it would go cold after a little bit, but now the fan is not working so no air is coming out i have pulled apart the dash and undone some bolts on the firewall to try and get the heating system out yet can not, and i dont actually know whats wrong with it i was going to pull it apart to have a look yet can not get it out the car please help :bomb:

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
any coolent smell inside the cab?

imagirlhelpme

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR wagan
hey no there is no coolent smell in the cab and i have had it on hot and cold and when it was on hot it was just warm and when it was on cold it was colder without a/c on so i dont think it is that but when car is running i can hear a rushing of water noise going thru the car which i have a feeling has something to do with it i had previously had a blockage in the pipe going through the dash to the back of the valley cover which i had cleared and thats when the rushing of water noise started. so im not sure whats really going on.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
The heater box is connected to the A/C unit at the top of the dash between the wiper arms. All the gas will escape if you undo this.

Most issues can be fixed on the heater box without taking it all the way out. Fan not working is normally the resister fuse blown. Non movement of air is normally a vacuum issue - when you turn the dial from hot to cold you should hear the woosh of air as they open and close. If you cant hear anything when you do this check the vac lines under the bonnet to the vac ball at the front of the car.

imagirlhelpme

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR wagan
the car needs regassing anyway and the brittle old heater box broke a bit off so now needs replacing and with the fan i have checked the fuse in the fuse board under the drivers side and its fine and what is a resister fuse is this different to the other fuses and where can i find it if it is. and when i turned dial from hot to cold no whoosssh noise was made so ill check the vac lines for that thankyou but i really need to get the heater box out now due to it been broken.