Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Heater part

hN!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 03
Ok well ive ranted about this before but have found a good pic thanks to baxter now ive circled the part i need to replace just need to know the name of the part or fitting. thx

Attachments

• cooling.JPG
    cooling.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 174

mgvl

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl berlina wagon 1987
Does anyone one have any tips for replacing the front heater tap on a VL 3.0
Mine has rustd out so it was leaking coolant.

This is the one just behind the water pump and also has a connector to the manifold (I guess to use water to heat or cool it)

Looking at it unless it is a bash in job (an no room to swing anything), you need to remove at least the engine mount to allow it to screw in.

I have cut off the manifold tap and connected only the heater hose - any idea what imact this might have on the manifold given the water will now not circulate (I plugged the pipe up tp get the car going again)

regards
Mark

hN!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 03
I still need to do mine its sealed atm with a product i ran through the radiator guy told me $15 for the heater tap and its easy as they have a hoist and if it breaks in there they have to fix it

harry3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl berlina wagon 6cyl
on my VL the heater water valve is under the dashboard near where the 2 water hoses go thru the firewall, its drive by a vacuum motor
maybe yours is non standard

mgvl

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl berlina wagon 1987
Okay but this does not really help me.

Local Holden dealer says the part is no longer available.

Is it a screw in or push in fitting given the engine mount would get in the way if its a screw in.

Mark