Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Heater tap/air mix flap and so on

allun

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 SV6
Hiya,

I'm about to spend the morning diving deep into the SV6's guts to check my heater tap, air flaps, vacuum hoses and all that good stuff behind the aircon, because when set to coldest (without A/C on) it's blowing slightly warm air.

Does anyone have any tips re the location of bits or any tricks or common faults? I have read lots of threads on here e.g.

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vr-vs-holden-commodore-1993-1997/122224-heater-stuck.html

and

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vr-vs-holden-commodore-1993-1997/122337-air-con-question.html

so i am now familiar with the basics and think it's probably just something simple like adjustment needed in the threaded rod that the heater control moves, but most threads I have read relate to older models - I'm wondering if it's different on the VZ?

I'll post back with what I find in case it helps someone else but in the meantime please contribute if you know anything that will speed the process or save me frustration :)

FnomnaVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ Berlina
The heater tap on the engine should be closing and not letting warm coolant through to the cabin. Can you feel heat in those hoses to the cabin?

allun

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 SV6
heater tap is closing, and i have measured the air temp out of the vents - it is about 3degC higher than outside air so i think maybe all that's happening is that the outside air gets slightly heated on it's way thru the piping and blower and so on....maybe I am just paranoid but i thought the air was significantly warmer than outside air!

Also, the adjustable rod and flap thingo mentioned in other threads is not to be found on my VZ, either it's changed or I am looking in the wrong place!