Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Heater tap = Overheating?

Dan_VX_Spac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina LS1
My mechanic told me that my heater tap was corroded and that i needed a new one.
While driving my car i realised that my car was overheating all the way to "RED"!!!. Was it overheating because i need a new heater tap? Or could it be more serious.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
My mechanic told me that my heater tap was corroded and that i needed a new one.
While driving my car i realised that my car was overheating all the way to "RED"!!!. Was it overheating because i need a new heater tap? Or could it be more serious.
It's probably due to lack of coolant dut to the leaking heater tap.

redvtsss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss
Most prob coolant loss id try a new tap they are cheap enough but if you are a real tight ass you can just put a bit of straight through pipe where the tap is and see if she runs cooler!!!!

Dan_VX_Spac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina LS1
Yeah i was going to get a new one. All new coolant was put in. I was drivin it home from the mechanics and it just started over heating which confused me

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah i was going to get a new one. All new coolant was put in. I was drivin it home from the mechanics and it just started over heating which confused me
Did he bleed the system when you put new coolant in?

Dan_VX_Spac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina LS1
I wouldnt have a clue. My brother is a mechanic and is goin to replace the heater tap and do it all properly tomorrow

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
My guess is that the mechanic did not bleed the air out of the system and that can cause overheating.