Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

heavy duty batteries?

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
hey all, my car battery is slowly dying and i wanted to know if there are any good heavy duty batteries to get for my vy ss, currently running alpine 12"sub and pioneer amp, been good but a few years old and on way out.

currently has an ac delco battery, approx 530 cca give or take, but 500cca+
would another one of these be ok or a heavy duty battery? as want to run 2 amps soon when do speakers inside car and add a second sub or two new subs.

thanks.

K Lewy

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8L 1997 VT S Pack; 5 Spd Man
hey all, my car battery is slowly dying and i wanted to know if there are any good heavy duty batteries to get for my vy ss, currently running alpine 12"sub and pioneer amp, been good but a few years old and on way out.

currently has an ac delco battery, approx 530 cca give or take, but 500cca+
would another one of these be ok or a heavy duty battery? as want to run 2 amps soon when do speakers inside car and add a second sub or two new subs.

thanks.

Hey Mate. Ac Delco Batteries are excellent, Century are also another top brand ;). The main problem with batteries are getting the right CCA and right size capabilities to fit into the position needed mate. When you are stepping up in CCA obversly the battery is going to be bigger. Therfore might be pushed for space. Normally commodores will have a CCA rating of 430 to 530CCA. So a battery arouund 500+CCA should be alright for what you are running. If you had room to step up i would recommend to go a bigger High performance battery maybe, or HEAVY DUTY. Have you even thought of potentially running a "Dual Battery System". can get set ups to run it for about $150 from Supercheap Auto. Then get extended cords. and even place in back of car. Then never have troubles ay . Thanks