Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hello, and a question - anyone running a KAAZ LSD?

mik_ok

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXR8 (UK VE R8 Clubsport)
Hi,

Firstly a hello :)

I have an LS3 powered Vauxhall VXR8 in the UK (Scotland to be more precise). Essentially a VE R8 Clubsport - all Vauxhall badges have been peeled off and replace with appropriate HSV items :)

DSC_0884.jpg

Interested to know whether anyone is running the KAAZ DG3840RS diff, and what you think of it?

Thanks on advance!

mik

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
Hi mate. Good to see some Aussie Muscle offending the teetotalers in the country side over there!

While i'm not running a KAAZ I would have you check out the TrueTrac range of LSD diffs for these cars. HARROP | Driveline

I'm running one in an earlier model Commodore and can't fault it. Very predictable, no noise or chatter and will bake 2 tyres all day everyday. It's a mechanical LSD too which means there is no maintenance/special oil required or clutch packs to wear out.

mik_ok

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXR8 (UK VE R8 Clubsport)
I had heard if these also - thanks.

Harrow version more robust than Eaton I believe (although mine is standard except for OTRCAI and exhaust - no plans for any big power).

Any recommended sellers that ship international? (Assuming it is within forum rules to post names?)

Or would I be cheaper to buy from USA?

Again - help much appreciated! :)