Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hello from the USA

JAYDBPR

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac g8
Hey everyone. My name is John and I'm across the pond in the good 'ole U,S of A. As I'm sure some of you know, our versions of the VE and VF are the Pontiac G8 and the Chevy SS. We also got the Caprice here for a little bit. Recently, we've had some Aussie traffic come through our main forum G8board and one of them mentioned this site. Figured I'd join up and see some builds. Anyway, here's a few pics of mine.
qVhgzDK.jpg

COCH1du.jpg

From when I used to have the car plasti-dipped
7mphgnP.jpg

YmStRyj.jpg

Last edited:

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Welcome to our board. Nice pics. Enjoy.
Have been through Maryland going from Charlotte NC all the way up to Boston with lots of stops in between.
We love the USA. Will be in Honolulu in a few weeks.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
G’day John, welcome along.
The G8 is looking nice in its original clothes.

3_putt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute
Those G8 front ends are growing on me, only taken me nearly 10 years :D
Mint car with some tasteful mods . How do you find all the BMR gear in the rear end?

JAYDBPR

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac g8
Welcome to our board. Nice pics. Enjoy.
Have been through Maryland going from Charlotte NC all the way up to Boston with lots of stops in between.
We love the USA. Will be in Honolulu in a few weeks.
Quite a road trip. I've never been to Boston...we like to make fun of the way they talk hahaha. I'm about 30 miles north east of Baltimore. Have fun in Hawaii, always been a dream trip of mine along with visiting my cousin in Sydney.

G’day John, welcome along.
The G8 is looking nice in its original clothes.
Thanks. Yea, I definitely prefer the shiny paint.

Those G8 front ends are growing on me, only taken me nearly 10 years :D
Mint car with some tasteful mods . How do you find all the BMR gear in the rear end?

Do you have a G8 front end on yours? Believe the SS V-series special editions came with the GT bumpers. We got two versions here, the GT (6.0, auto only) and the GXP (6.2, manual as an option). Probably one of the mostly done mods is to swap a GXP bumper onto a GT but they are becoming quite rare and very expensive, about $1300 USD just for the parts. I love the poly stuff in the rear. The car's rear used to sway a bit in turns and the bushes really tightened everything up. Those coupled with the adjustable shocks and struts completely transformed the car. I still have factory sway bars but the body roll is almost completely gone. Added a bit of NVH but now I can pretend I'm a V8 supercah driver lol

3_putt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute
JAYDBPR negative mate just our aussie SS front end on mine. I’m looking at replacing all my rear end with BMR and superpro gear at some stage to keep it all in line! Then I get to pretend to be a supercar driver! Sounds like those konis do the job if you’ve got no body roll with stock sway bars.

JAYDBPR

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac g8
JAYDBPR negative mate just our aussie SS front end on mine. I’m looking at replacing all my rear end with BMR and superpro gear at some stage to keep it all in line! Then I get to pretend to be a supercar driver! Sounds like those konis do the job if you’ve got no body roll with stock sway bars.
The Koni yellows are amazing. Can dial them down for the wife and kids and turn them up for some backroad fun. Only thing that i can't stand about them is that you have to pull the rear shocks from the car to adjust them.
I wish i would have opted for the full bush replacement on the cradle. I only did the inserts. I may end up doing them when I drop the cradle to install the inner upper control arm bushings. Going to go with the one from a Camaro sold by BMR. A little pricey but I dont have to deal with pressing the old ones out.