Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hello [New WA Member]

Brock183

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Hello All,
Just wanted to say Hi, I have just recently got a Dec 2006 VE SV6 Commodore.
It's my first Commodore, I have had an R33 Skyline for the past 5 years and gave that up for the SV6.

So far so good with the Commodore, I have only had it 3~4 days and the only bad thing so far is having to duck down so people don't see me when I go past. When I take the Chev grill off and put a Holden grill on though that will stop :surprise:

A bit about the car, Kms are at 111,000 and mechanically it seems to be fine. Cosmetically it does need some work, so it will take me a while to get to 100% but I do love a good challenge (hence owning a skyline for 5 years).
So far I have been making a list of what I need to fix:
- Roof lining
- Handbrake Plastic
- Aerial base + Aerial
- Steering Wheel
- Driver Door Card
- Boot Badge
- AC regas - Booked
- Passenger door gap
- Service - Done
- Chev Grill - Done!
- Air bag light - Booked Friday 11th at Holden

12316524_10153599632426311_5436074394621606104_n.jpg

CoffeeMonster

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Exec/VE II SSV-Z
looks good, bit surprising about the roof lining. my current car (till next week) has done ~191,000 and the roof lining is still fine. are you gonna try take the dents out of the bonnet and roof?

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Welcome from WA.
We here at JC do not discriminate ppl from wherever they are from lol

Anyboos
Glad u got a list ready and working on and having a Skyline prior you worked on that as well

Sucks bout roof lining ans weird also being so young the car

What made you change to a Holden?

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
low ks.:beer chug:
love that blue

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Hey man welcome in , nice looking SV , love the blue , also good to hear the Chevrolet badges are not long for this world .

Brock183

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
looks good, bit surprising about the roof lining. my current car (till next week) has done ~191,000 and the roof lining is still fine. are you gonna try take the dents out of the bonnet and roof?

Yeah, I have got a new roof lining on its way, just need to try install it. Hopefully it will fit through the passenger door without creasing. I want to get all mechanical side of things fixed first, getting that famous P0008 error (timing chain) and I know that aint cheap!
I might look at buying a bonnet from a wrecker and the roof, im not sure how I will manage that.

Brock183

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Welcome from WA.
We here at JC do not discriminate ppl from wherever they are from lol

Anyboos
Glad u got a list ready and working on and having a Skyline prior you worked on that as well

Sucks bout roof lining ans weird also being so young the car

What made you change to a Holden?

Yeah, I had to rebuild a S2 RB25DET engine and install it into a S1 R33 which taught me quite a lot, especially patience haha!

The Skyline was 22 years old and starting to have more and more issues, so I wanted to go for something a bit more practical and reliable. Plus I do love the shape of the VE's.