Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hello, Newbie here

VRSenator065

Now in stealth mode
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Senator LSx454
Agree with Sabbath, dont mess with a low oil light. I have had a few times though a flickering oil light at idle due to a pretty clogged oil filter. If you get a car from someone with unknown history I reckon an oil and filter change should be high on the priority list, cheap insurance really :)

Jiyujin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
My neighbor told me that he's had this issue (engine oil light) for a few years and his wife used to drive it to work (5kms) and back okay, but did not go on long trips. The car had been sitting at his place for about 1 1/2 years and was out of rego. I was able to get it registered last week after fixing the other minor problems but I thought that I would try the oil pressure sensor first, then the oil filter and oil. It has not been serviced for at least 2 years. Should it not fix the problem, then I guess it could be more serious. The car has done about 280,000 kms...oh and I joined RACQ too just in case.
Thanks again for your feedback!

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Hi
yikes get that checked out asap It might just be a clogged oil filter...get a holdens orig one as they are only a few $$ more but a quite different then the aftermarket ones....get a mechanic to test the oil pressure just to be sure the gauze over the oil pump pickup isnt clogged with crap or the pump itself isn't failing