Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

YMY-70Y

Need more powwwaaahhh
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY sII S and VT sII S
thanks for those pics of wiper/indicator stalk :) they are defs on my to do list

Helmo645

Reaction score
Members Ride

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345273011.635820.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345273011.635820.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:

SookyTurner

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx
Alright installing new indicator was a BITCH of a job but finally got there with the help of a diagram i found otherwise would never have been able to do it haha!

Because the two stalks have different connections I had to hack apart the old wiring connector plastic casing holding all the spade clips in place (car end) (in process stabbing knife in one side and out other of finger..) and then with help of wiring diagram i cut spade clips in half as they were too wide for new stalk and slid over the thinner terminals of the new stalk..

Much neater now.. will look heaps better when the other side is in also gives a good feel for what it will be like.. for anyone else wanting the wiring guide here:
137176d1239452086-re-wiring-vt-vxii-stalks-vr-vxii-stalks.jpg

Comparison between both connections..
photo1.jpg

All wired up
photo2.jpg

Difference
photo3-1.jpg

Hey man

I am looking at doing this but got a couple of quick questions:

1. If my car has cruise control will there be another plug that is just plug and play and then just have to rewire the high beam function? And cruise control will work as normal?
2. How do you remove the stalks? Do you have to remove the steering wheel or be careful of airbag etc?
3. With the wiper stalk, there is ones that have an intermintent that you change the speed off the wipers. See here: Commodore VX VY Intermittent Wiper Switch Genuine Holden SS HSV 4blok | eBay . Do you know how that would work with the wiring diagram at all?

Thanks for the info mate.

Cheers

SookyTurner

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx
Hey bro,

1. If you have cruise control there will be another plug that you will have to cut up and match the colours listed on the wiring diagram above and then do it to the actual plug, then as long as all colours got matched up to the right pins then all should work.

2. Remove stalks by just removing the shroud around the back of the steering wheel, pull top bit up, then theres a screw upder it near the back that you undo and can pull the bottom half off. Then to remove stalks they just pull out by squeezing too tabs, really easy, dont need to touch near airbags so dont need to worry about that.
3.Unfortunately the adjustable speed ones wont work as you need to change the factory computer bcm thing to make it work, so just get the one that is the upgraded one of the current one

Hope that covered it a bit

Ok Sweet as. Sound easy enough. Would it be better to just cut and recrimp new terminals on the wires. Cruise control should then function the same yeah?

Thankyou for clearing up about the adjustable speed wipers. Made it clear and easy so cheers.

And also thanks for clearing up about the airbags.

Cheers mate! Thanks again