Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Helm's Olympic VT

Helmo645

Reaction score
Members Ride
Please delete thread

Old thread please remove

Last edited:

JakeysVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
'99 VT Clubsport R8
Hey Helmo645 if ya wanna improve what the car looks like get the car lowered, nice rims (18" or 19") also i recommend getting a new muffler system to give it a good note and now your talking, if ya want have a look at my car (Jakest First Car VT Commy) thats what mine looks like it isnt lowered yet but will be soon, if ya wanna have a look to get ideas :)

Helmo645

Reaction score
Members Ride
Latest upgrade (still a while ago haha but just around to posting it )

Installed my front footwell LEDS along with Switch. The red dot under the HU is my rocker switch which i built into my empty pocket. Worked out rather nicely i think just wired it up to the empty wire meant for steering wheel controls but seeing my commy is an executive the controls were never there so a nice easy point to hook into :D Also I fitted my passenger one on a bit dodge so it only lights up like half of the footwell, about to where the towel is but dunno if i can pull it off and move it cus the sticky stuff would probably be gone and unsure if i can unstick it without breaking it so may just leave it... Cant wait for chrome floor mats to reflect the light though. Badly needs rest of interior lights done in blue..

RIMG0311.jpg

And my parkers.. not best pic but shows the brightness of them for just parkers!
RIMG0315.jpg

Mick1988

W.A. Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.sarichtechnology.com
Members Ride
Too many to list......
Don't mean to sound like an asshole but I don't think this is an Olympic Edition.... for the following reasons..

Olympic Edition wasn't available in Tungsten, only Heron, Orion, Cinnibar, Granada and Bermuda
You should have an Olympic Edition badge on your boot and no Executive badge
Olympic Edition came with Alloy wheels as standard
Olympic Edition had thicker black moldings on the doors with a chrome strip through them and chrome strips around the front and rear bumpers.
Olympic Edition had a chrome exhaust tip.

If you want to be certain look at the build plate above your passenger side head light. You should have the option code A8B if it is an Olympic edition.

No matter what it is, it's still a nice, tidy car and looks like its in great condition. Would look sweet dumped on its ass with some alloys.

Helmo645

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wow well thanks for that insight might just figured it must be because of all the stuff on the vehicle related to the olympics. I figure it must just be because it was used for the olympics not an actual special edition. Anyway today got a few more photos and got it tinted yesterday, 35% on sides 25% on rear looks awesome in real- not as great in the pics. Car needs wash but ah well..

Olympic badge on side of car:
12112010011.jpg

Olympic plate in engine bay:
12112010017.jpg

Footwell light switch and crappy HU:
12112010008.jpg

My painted door handles:
12112010010.jpg

The car:
12112010015.jpg

Helmo645

Reaction score
Members Ride
Open to ideas guys :) Pedals and blue light conversion on the way should be here by next week

RvtRvx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Lumina 3.8
Wow well thanks for that insight might just figured it must be because of all the stuff on the vehicle related to the olympics. I figure it must just be because it was used for the olympics not an actual special edition.

Olympic badge on side of car:
12112010011.jpg

Olympic plate in engine bay:
12112010017.jpg

Ohhh Snap lol

Mick1988

W.A. Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.sarichtechnology.com
Members Ride
Too many to list......
That makes more sense. Your car would probably be worth more than an Olympic Edition would be worth. I'm assuming it's all optioned up??

Isaac

Cool Guy
Reaction score
Melbourne, Victoria/Lyndoch, South Australia
Members Ride
D22 Navara
My Commodore was used as an 'Official Olympic Games Vehicle too'. Doesn't have the badges on the B pillars tho :/

Mine's pretty much a pov pack exec with the BT1 pack... Happy enough with it now, but man I wish I had power windows and cruise control, just little luxuries that go a long way...

Isaac

Cool Guy
Reaction score
Melbourne, Victoria/Lyndoch, South Australia
Members Ride
D22 Navara
My Commodore was used as an 'Official Olympic Games Vehicle too'. Doesn't have the badges on the B pillars tho :/

Mine's pretty much a pov pack exec with the BT1 pack... Happy enough with it now, but man I wish I had power windows and cruise control, just little luxuries that go a long way...