Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help!!1 D=

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
from the looks of your diagram you have supplied, you only have 2 channel?/

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
Its a 4 channel, but my pop insists on the 'Balance' so he doubled up on the connections

'balance' is unnecessary. First of all the human ear can't hear the direction of subbass frequencies (these frequencies are omnidirectional). Second of all connecting the speakers in that way will present a lower impedence to the amp, which it probably can't handle. Thirdly, your power output will be cripplied, and I guarantee you will be sending a clipped signal to all your speakers/subs, potentially burning voice coils. Finally, you will be unable to properly set up any filter or crossover, meaning that the subs will be receiving the entire frequency range of sounds, as opposed to less then ~85Hz.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Firstly, yes, never buy a Rampage product, secondly, keep your Pop away from your Stereo install lol... You will need to run a line out converter, this will convert your speaker wire, into an RCA, this will go into the rear input. You then connect your sub's, to the two rear channels. At the moment you are running the subs, at full pass, meaning they are being sent all frequencies, you only want the lows. Connect the remaining speaker wire to the front input, and connect your rear speakers to the the 2 front channels.

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
So i pretty much have to re-run a wire from the headunit to the amp? =D

Thanks!

RCAs specifically. You will probably need to split the pair of RCAs again so that you can send an input to all 4 channels. Fix this and your speaker config and all should be good :thumbsup: