Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HELP! 2008 VE SSV Throttle Body

DarkBunbury

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SSV Ute
Hi All,

I need to track down a throttle body for my commodore.. I was told there was two for mine, L77 L98...L98 being grass l77 stainless... using repco to find the details, and the plate on the car engine bay.. mines

HOLDEN COMMODORE VE SERIES 1 SS/SSV to MY09 6.0L Gen4 L98 OHV 16v MPFI V8 270kW 6sp Man 2dr Utility RWD [09/07 - 12/08]

all I know about mine is that its 90mm (i think)

I'm still new to working on cars so forgive the lack of knowledge... can anyone recommend where to get a new throttle body (preferably new).

thanks

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Why do you think you need a new throttle body for your car?

DarkBunbury

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SSV Ute
Why do you think you need a new throttle body for your car?
Hey man thanks for the reply, engine light shows up, when I hook the basic bosh scanner up, says P0121, when I took it to a mechanic for a further scan, they said it was more than likely a motor in the tbody keeping the valve open, its been cleaned so no carbon build up. due to limited funds its taken me a while to save up for the rough quote for the part I was given of 500, so looking to see if I can get the part myself

Fatty8711

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv
Hey man thanks for the reply, engine light shows up, when I hook the basic bosh scanner up, says P0121, when I took it to a mechanic for a further scan, they said it was more than likely a motor in the tbody keeping the valve open, its been cleaned so no carbon build up. due to limited funds its taken me a while to save up for the rough quote for the part I was given of 500, so looking to see if I can get the part myself
What state are you in? I have just pulled a stock throttle body off my ssv L98 to put on a new 102mm

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
Judging by the name and the postcode in his from, he is from Bunbury WA. Also nearly a year on, he has either found one, paid the mechanic or sold the car by now.

Fatty8711

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv
HHaha **** yeh fair point, I was half asleep n didn't even look at the date
Judging by the name and the postcode in his from, he is from Bunbury WA. Also nearly a year on, he has either found one, paid the mechanic or sold the car by now.