Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

help about vn ss memcals

shanesvnv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn v8 commodore
hi, new here, but can anyone tell me about the vn ss memcals? are they different to the standard vn v8 memcal. is the rev range higher etc etc. i am looking to purchase a vn ss or vp ss memcal but want to know all aspects of them. and what are the differences between these memcals and the hsv memcals. if anyone has any memcals for sale please let me know. cheers

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
VN SS memcals are the same as standard, HSV are a mild improvement but will require a knock sensor & wiring harness fitted to make it work correctly, there are people on ebay selling HSV memcals as "performance" ones, most of these have no idea what they are doing.

Cheers Rob

XSS1VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS
yep VN SS chips are the same as the stock 5ltr chips, get onto greenfoam he is he best for memcals

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
greenfoam said:
arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

hahahahahaa well you asked for it dude.lol

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I just wanted to say that ^ XSS1VE, he lives up the road from me and came around to play memcals with me one day, his car made like 120rwkw even with that chip when he had worn out leads/plugs and rotor button. So if you have a slug of a 5 liter and want to gain 20+rwkw you know what you have to do, get it sparking as good as the day it was born or you have no chance to make power