Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help Advice Needed!!!

scbh81

VRUUUM XU6 180 SC
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV XU6 VTII 99
hey guys,

A woman backed into my car today from a car park, when i was stationary after reversing about a meter. At that point she said that there is no damage to her car and that she would look after her part, i said to her that she needs to pay for my damage as it is clearly her fault to back up to a car that is stationary. got her details and all. All good!
Now she has changed her story and told her insurance company that i was reversing at the point of impact!
BTW my insurance company refused to cover me as i paid my renewal after the accident.
I was adviced to send her a letter of demand with two quotes! Has anyone had this experience? Please help as i need to get my car fixed! :cry:
My damage assessment is about $1500-$1800. Rear light, bumper and spioler-end damaged!:cry: not even my f***ng fault!!!!:ranting:

cheers

vy_storm

just another moderator...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
Have you lodged a police report? This might help in your case should it come down to a fight with her insurance co.......

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
If there is one thing I have learned from other people's incidents, and that's to have a written and signed statement by the offending party, to say that they were at fault and that they admit it. Date it, record vehicle rego numbers, and the drivers licence no.

Thats gotta count for something...

vy_storm

just another moderator...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
Not true, have had many an accident where the police did not attend the scene and the insurance co asked for it as part of the claim. If anything both parties can lodge the report separately and the police can determine who was in the wrong to help prove your case.

Doubleshadow

Too much is not enuff!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
Hard, but true!

Hate to add cold water on your woes, but if she backed into you, your luck does not look that good. There seems to be a legal default about anyone with an accident that happened in the rear of the vehicle. The cops and insurance always seems to give preference to the vehicle with the damage in the rear. And sorry to say, but for the most part the cops are as incompetent at filing reports. Don't you think the cops have a lot of more important things to do, after all, if they do not make the pickup in less than 20 minutes, the pizza might get cold.

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
There seems to be a legal default about anyone with an accident that happened in the rear of the vehicle.

Not always, she was obviously at fault. The rear end rule is more to do with proper following distances and rear-enders on the road, which obviously doesn't apply here.

Stupa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Storm
You got ALL her details right? then go skin her cat or something

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
You got ALL her details right? then go skin her cat or something

However, if she has your address avoid doing anything like this :p Will make things worse, better off going to the police but the last thing you want is to get caught doing something and get charges put against you!