Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help anyone! Vx missing

Gibbovy.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ute.
hey guys I have a 2001 vx Commodore auto v6 ecotech, about 3 weeks ago I wash the engine bay out ( I know, dumb idea) and ever since it has been miss firing, I have literally done everything, first I replace leads, plugs which needed to be done anyway, then next new coil packs and dfi module this made it alot better how ever still missing, next emptied fuel tank, filled with no ultimate and injector cleaner, and changed fuel filter, still missing, removed fuel rail and cleaned fuel rail and injectors, starting to get through all the obvious things and getting no where so I went and bought a holden service manual I followed all the troubleshooting for the missing, tried a friends air flow meter, checked egr valve, compression test, spark test, then I thought after the really bad miss firing at the start may have stuffed the o2 sensors so I replaced those, made it slightly better, as you can see I've nearly dome everything I can, I have also had two mechanics look at it and had a scan tool plugged in at Holden, ( no faults) so yeah if any one has any ideas just throw it out there I'm all ears atm cause I don't know what the next step is to fixing the damn thing, NOTE TO EVERYONE BE CAREFUL WHEN YOU WASH YOUR ENGINE BAY OUT!!! haha thanks guys!

drewVHSS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
stores.ebay.com.au
Members Ride
'83 VH SS, '79 Green VB SL '92 S2 VQ Caprice
put a vacuum gauge on it and google how to read a vacuum gauge and it'll tell you more of an idea what your problem will be.

Sometimes a miss can be the fault of a sticking valve etc.... a vacuum gauge will help you diagnose causes internally to the engine.
The scan tool will mostly only tell you things external to the engine etc.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
the dfi and coil packs you fitted, were they new quality parts
the plugs and leads were they good quality
holden can do a cylinder balance test which may help narrow it down

Mad84VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Ute
i did the same thing the first day i got my vy. i blew the key and the key reader. so the car immobilizer was half on

Gibbovy.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ute.
Hey guys! thanks for your help! found the problem last night, turned out the first thing I replaced (spark plugs) had a hairline crack in two of them, had a mate that was abit to strong do them up, oh well :smoking: