Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help bonnet won't open since CAI was fitted

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
fazz1977 said:
I get a slight hiss from the back pressure in my intake, kinda sounds like a mild blow off valve sometimes.
Yep that sounds like it, I can't here it outside only when driving. I must say it out does the pod moving.
Mack said:
Bent the bonnet?! Sheesh man fook that, lol. If you just leve the car in the hot sun for a day the bonnet weight and the heat would of shaped the CAI to fit to your bonnets shape, the same as a hair dryer, but hair dryer is the quick option.
I stood with the hair dryer in my hand for 10min and gave up:D.
This way it doesn't loose any of it's shape keeps the mouth open 100% still.

Now all i need is to get a new Throttle body and that should top it off for now:).

OVA17

Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 VP EXECUTIVE
i hope i dont get this problem as im looking at putting one in my car with a k&n panel filter. glad to hear u got it fixed. and that its feels a bit more faster. hopefully i get the same gains as u.

KADE

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Mack said i could have left it in the sun for a few hours:D, Maybe theres a idea? Once the bonnet shuts it's all good but i must admit i believe my cable was going so it might have made it seem worse then it was in the end.

andrewownsavp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS 5.0ltr
i got cold airintake in my vp had the same problem because vp radiators are higher but easy fix just adjust your bonnet latch mine is easy to open and **** now

jolly_97

THE VACATIONER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 VP Vacationer
hrm glad i found this thread, coz ill be getting a CAI from holden hopefully this week if i have the cash lying around. does the CAI not fit under any VN/VP bonnet or is it just in some cases you hafta do the hair dryer trick? ive heard of people putting CAI's on VP's with no problems whatsoever (no bonnet or CAI modifications needed)

jolly_97

THE VACATIONER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 VP Vacationer
ok kool, well ill see how i go when i get the money together.. cheers for clearing that up mate

cheers
Josh

mcvcomputers

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive 1989 S1
I also purchased a cia for a vs for my vn s1(if that makes a dif to the bonnet)and all i did is install it and leave bonnet shut for bout 5 days and opened again and its like normal np's at all. It would not open at all when i first put it in unless someone was pushing on the front middle of my bonnet. Hopefully this works for everyone