Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help Brinny put her zorst on?

Brin

GOT MANG?
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Something fully mangin'
Howdy guys

Okay I got this exhaust from the wreckers in October last year. Yes, it was taken out of a VN.

Have tried endlessly to put it on, at least 20 bazillion + times!!

Jack up the rear, drop both arms, and it gets stuck on the diff! I don't have the leverage to mavouvere it around over it.. :cry: I have also tried putting the front of the car on stands so I have that extra space.. No go.

Below is a picture of the culprit. It doesn't have any joins in it and I don't want to have to be making any.... Does anyone have any tips for me that'll help me get the effer in!?!? I don't have a hoist... Will I have to dig myself a pit? Haha.

Attachments

• Image0094.jpg
    Image0094.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 224

camstatic

I'm back babeh.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
Try dropping the passenger side shock absorber (maybe both sides) to see if you can get the diff to fall further away from the car and allow you through, try and twist it through like a cork screw.

Failing that, you could get it in by removing the pass side wheel, upper and lower training arm, and shock absorber.

If you're not feeling that adventurous, get an exhaust shop to put a join/supply a clamp/gasket/bolts (whichever way you decide to go) just after the first muffler (won't cost much), then fit the mid-section up to the cat, then feed the tailpipe in from the back by hooking the bend over the diff.

VNexecutive

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5L
jack the rear of the car up and support both sides with car stands, then just undo the passenger side shocker at the top, should drop enough to slide it through. works for me every time, ive changed exhausts this way about 5 times lol.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
yup, you'll need to drop the shocks. IF that doesn't quite cut it, drop a couple of control arms and see if you can get even more room :p

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
Doesn't you other half build cars or something? thought he might have help before you got to 20 bazillion.....
goodluck though.

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
whoever didn't put a flanged join in there should be shot.

twice.

in the balls.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Or, cut it at the diff.

Fit the front, drive to a exhaust shop and get them to weld the back section on.

Brin

GOT MANG?
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Something fully mangin'
Doesn't you other half build cars or something? thought he might have help before you got to 20 bazillion.....
goodluck though.

if he helped id owe him another life debt. i'd rather do it on my own.

and i did undo the passenger side shocker. ive dropped both arms as i said in my first post. :bang:

v8_bomberdore

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp 5L
save yourself the hassle , cut it at the back of the muffler wack it on and get an exhaust mob to weld it back together with a flange, probly cost u $40 all up $20 for the flange and $20 for the 5 mins to weld it up