Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help Brinny put her zorst on?

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1
OMG read the post carefully and slowly... It says slit not 'Slip'
Example drawing

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Have you ever tried that? You know you can't ACTUALLY bend the exhaust metal that easily, right? :p

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
So let me get this straight, you're cutting a piece of tube in half (for arguments sake) then slipping one piece over the other.

What's wrong with this picture?

It needs to be expanded to be able to slip over, THEN you put an exhaust clamp on.

You can either take it to an exhaust shop and get them to do the above or cut and weld flanges on.

OR you could drop the rear end to fit it.

Up to you.

OMG read the post carefully and slowly... It says slit not 'Slip'

I stand by my original post.

You go, try and do what you've explained above, then come back and tell us how successful you were.

clubsport_replica

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt clubsport replica
all you will need to do is unbolt the shocks and unbolt the panhard rod as this sits in the way and u will be able to get it in providing u have jacked the car up as high as possilbe front and rear..

it can be done this way

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
if he helped id owe him another life debt. i'd rather do it on my own.
:bang:

are you serious? are there people out there really like that to the point where you know it and do nothing about it?

okay okay point taken. its going in the bin!! hahaha..

ill have one more go at it this weekend, cause im stubborn, then ill take it to a zorst shop..........

So you'd give up or pay too much to get it done rather than suck up your pride and get the seemingly adequately skilled boyfriend to do it?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
It will go in. Have you tried from the front? Get the rear of the car up high enough so the diff drops as far as it can, then jack the front left up as high as you can get it. Take the LH shock right out if you can. Then feed the exhaust over the diff from the front, tail pipe first.

Brin

GOT MANG?
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Something fully mangin'
are you serious? are there people out there really like that to the point where you know it and do nothing about it?

So you'd give up or pay too much to get it done rather than suck up your pride and get the seemingly adequately skilled boyfriend to do it?

nope. just attempt it over and over again so i dont have to watch him swear at my car... and other things.

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
nope. just attempt it over and over again so i dont have to watch him swear at my car... and other things.

I'd just take it to an exhaust shop.

Sounds like it's gonna be trouble either way.